We passionately believe that increasing awareness for the environment, recycling and ecology should be an everyday part of life at our nursery schools. Children learn the necessary skills to care for both themselves and their environment.
We like the children to be aware of where their food comes from and how it’s grown, including involvement in tending for our vegetable patch and small animals. Snacks are organic or locally sourced, wherever possible.
We aim to provide your child with as healthy a lifestyle as possible, with lots of outings, our outdoor activity centres and plenty of fresh air (weather permitting!). In conjunction with our eco build nursery facilities, woodland and parkland locations your child really can grow up green.
We are absolutely committed to acting in a socially responsible manner, in the promotion of sustainable activities and in building a brighter future for our children. In delivering upon this commitment we aim to minimise our impact upon the environment in the following ways:
- Energy Use. We use energy efficient heat sources and light bulbs wherever possible, encouraging everyone to switch off lights and appliances when not in use. We consider the energy ratings of all appliances and select only those with the highest levels of efficiency. All of our rooms and buildings are insulated to the highest possible standards and are fully compliant with UK building regulations
- Water Use. We actively consider our overall water usage using a meter and encourage everyone to minimise wastage wherever possible. We harvest rainwater in our child safe water butts and use to water our vegetable patch, plants and herbs
- Recycling & Waste. We aim to minimise the production of waste matter, encouraging and educating everyone to recycle wherever possible. Organic waste is composted for use on our growing patch.
- Chemicals & Pollution. We aim to provide as safe and hygienic an environment as possible for your child. In doing so, we select detergents and disinfectants that are both effective and environmentally friendly. We specifically avoid products that have an undesirable environmental impact and aim to prevent potential pollutants from entering the drainage system or water cycle
- Nappies. Our parents have varying demands and expectations when it comes to nappies. Whilst we encourage and support the adoption of a sustainable approach we appreciate that using recyclable nappies isn’t for everyone. We are therefore happy to accommodate whatever works best for you and your child